Class II Restoration Utilizing Toffilmire or Sectional Matrix
1. Place Toffelmire or Sectional Matrix, then place Wedge.
2. Reposition/loosen or remove the Toffelmire at this time.
3. Engage the clasping portion of Dentaprox encompassing the wedge.
(Placing a finger on top while releasing the tension) works fast and easy.
4. Burnish the Toffelmire or Sectional band to the adjacent tooth.
5. Place Composite.
MOD Restoration Utilizing Toffelmire
1. Place Toffelmire Band.
2. Place a single wedge mesial or distal at the site where contact is needed (the Toffelmire band is secured).
3. Reposition/loosen or remove the Toffelmire at this time.
4. Engage the clasping portion of the Dentaprox on EITHER the mesial or distal (Wedge is still in place at the site where contact is needed).
5. Burnish the Toffelmire band adjacent to the surface filling side (either the mesial or distal).
6. Place composite on the surface burnished side only.
7. Loosen the wedge from the filled portion, and replace the Dentaprox on the other adjacent surface filling side (filling one side at a time then joining them occlusally).
8. Burnish the Toffelmire band adjacent to the surface filling side (either the mesial or distal).
9. Place composite on the surface burnished side and join occlusally.
DO MOD Restorations Utilizing Toffelmire
Place Toffelmire band on MOD prepared tooth.
Apply wedge/enage Dentaprox between prepped tooth and healthy tooth.
Burnish band against the healthy tooth.
Apply bonding agent cure (can use a ball burnisher at this point to achieve a nice contour as with the wedge systems, then flowable 1/3 approximately).
Add flowable, then overlay with hybrid.
Only fill to the isthmus of the prep, as there will be layering back from the mesial to complete the MOD.
Here is what really makes the Dentaprox Toffelmire unique, easier, and saves time.
Depending on tooth positioning, you can either leave the first wedge in place or remove the wedge from the distal and place a new wedge on the mesial. The Toffelmire band is already in place either way.
To fill the DO prep of the adjacent tooth simply remove the wedge between the DO prep and MOD.
Move the Toffelmire mesially and place the wedge back between the DO and MOD.
Place the Dentaprox.
With the DO and MOD completely filled, remove the wedge, Dentaprox, and Toffelmire. Finesse.